Nintex form and workflow adding to sharepoint list

• 18 September 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Good afternoon,

Is there a way to have a Nintex form and workflow allow one user to fill out the first portion of a sharepoint list and then another user fill out another portion once the initial user has completed their portion? I want the first user to fill out the upper portion (outlined in red) and the next user to fill out lower portion (outlined in blue).

4 replies

Badge +16

How do you want to control that? You could have a status field on your form that is "initial entry" for example and that control the validation on your form for the first person. When they save it use your workflow to change the status to "awaiting update" or similar and email person 2 to edit the item. The validation could then be on lower portion of form based on status being "awaiting update" and fields being empty?

Badge +1

Thank you Cassy for your timely response.  I am new to the Nintex platform so I apologize for my ignorance.  I will attempt this approach and hopefully not need further guidance. Thank you again!

Badge +1

Is there a way to do this in 2 separate forms or maybe hide one portion until it is sent to the next reviewer?

Badge +16

yeah for sure - if you use the panel control - you could have two panels and again hide/show them based on a status field?

have you looked at these awesome help posts: