Name of SQL Request control does not appear in the form data.

• 18 December 2015
  • 5 replies

Badge +8

Greetings:

I am using a couple of SQL Request controls to look up data from a corporate database and include it in the form. However, when I later send the formatted form data (via XSLT in the Workflow) I see the data that was in the control but not the name.  Instead I see the typical GUID.  This is what you typically see for UNNAMED form controls, but I have explicitly named them.

For example, below is some output from the email sent by the workflow.  The highlighted cell is the what appears instead of the name of the control.  Data derived from that lookup does appear in named calculated fields, and the name does appear in the message.  Only the SQL Request control (any output format) has this problem.

155098_pastedImage_0.png

Thanks.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

OO, interesting. I assume this is 2013 on prem. What is your current version of Forms, and workflow. More interested in Forms though. Should be easy to reproduce by others, but the installed Forms version will be key.

Badge +8

Thanks for the reply, Andrew.

This is 2010 on prem.  Forms version is the latest (1.10.1.0).  Workflow is one behind the latest release (version 2.4.5.0).

Thanks,

Bruce

Badge +8

Oh, and one other thing about this that I just discovered:  even when you connect these controls to list columns they still show up in the XML form data with the same GUID as a name.  For other controls, connecting them to a list column means that they aren't reported in the XML form data.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Very good feedback, i'm not yet sure if this is a bug, so let's share this with Nintex Support

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Thanks bringing this to my attention Bruce Altner​. I will discuss with the development team.

Has a support ticket been raised?

Cheers,

Euan