Copying Flexi Task Attachments

• 12 March 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello Community!

I am currently developing a workflow that takes a document through a review process (Draft) and the Final Reivew process to become a legitamite document. Currently the Draft process is two Flexi tasks and a bunch of notification emails. While the Final leg of the workflow is 4 Flexi tasks and a bunch of notification emails. Currently the Workflow is located in a document library where the Draft document (Word) is uploaded and I have quick parts set up to grab the important information from the document and put that in the library to use in the Workflow.

The assignees of the flexi tasks typically provide comments on the document in the form of other word documents or pdfs (mostly drawings, not so much text comments). Ideally what I want to do in the flexi tasks is give the assignee the ability to add attachments to the task that are related to the document, but because this is a document library and not a list, I can't add attachments. I created a new list specifically for attachments where I have associated list items with each new documented created in the library. 

Is there anyway that I can grab the attachments from the flexi task and move those attachments to the Attachments list? If so, how is this done?

Running SharePoint 2016 On Prem with Nintex Forms/Workflows 2016.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

you can add attachments to the task (form) running on library. however these are task list item attachments, not library item ones.

so you have to look for respective control on 'Task columns' pane.

and as well attachments will be stored within task list item.

Badge +1

From that point, is there a way I can grab the task in the tast list item and move it to the list I created specifically for attachments? Or would that involve a workflow on that Task list?

Or is there a more effiecent way to do everything I need to do?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

there is no such a operation like move an item from one list to the other.

you can just copy an item between lists (and configure mapping for all the needed fields). and then possibly remove item from source list.

if your concern is just to copy item attachment from one item to an other have a look on tis blog

collect task attachments in list item and show all attachments in next task 

if you're fine just to provide links to attachments in source (task) list item without any copying you can look on this blog