Line number in K2 studio codes

• 3 November 2005
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +4
How to go to a certain line in K2 studio code editor?

When compiling, if there is an error in a certain line, how to go to the line in the editor?

3 replies

Badge +9
Hi,

I am not 100% sure if you are referring to an actual line in the code editor or a Line connecting two activities. I will answer both.

Scenario:

I have a typical Approval process, the first thing that I always do it to name all the object properly in K2.net Studio, including Lines. I normally make use of something like:
I have a line between Approval and Declined and will name it Approval - Declined

I purposely changed some code in the line to cause a compilation error, have a look at the compile error below:

Compiling MyProcess...
Error - Activity Approval has client event(s) and no destination rule
Compile Error: Approval - Decline(LineRule) Line 14: Constant expression not representable in type 'Integer'.

The first error Error - Activity Approval has client event(s) and no destination rule point to an activity called Approval
The second error Compile Error: Approval - Decline(LineRule) Line 14: Constant expression not representable in type 'Integer' point to something called Approval - Decline and in brackets you have the object in this case Line Rule

So now I know where the error occurred, the next step would be to right click on the Line and select Properties , from properties you can click on the Line Rule option and click the edit code button. Hit Compile , what you will notice is that K2.net Studio will only compile the active code window, the result is illustrated below:

Compiling Approval - Decline(LineRule)...
Compile Error: Approval - Decline(LineRule) Line 14: Constant expression not representable in type 'Integer'.

Now I know that the problem code is in Line 14

Click anywhere in the Code Editor, have a look at the bottom right hand corner of K2.net Studio, you will find that Line and Column number get displayed.

Hope this answers your question.
Badge +4
Hi, R.
Yes, it helps.
Thanks,
coenw
Badge +4
Hi, R,
I mean the exact line in the code editor.
But your answers are offering more than I expect.