Worklistitem actioning through Smartform

Badge +6

Hi ,

I am stuck in a peculiar scenario and this may sound trivial.

I created a woerklistitem by sing a Default Client Event and am passing the Task Item URL (by appending the Serial NUmber also) to action the workilistitem from a Smartform.

Next I am using the worklist control in a view(WorklistitemView) and using the view in a Smartform (WorklistItems is the form Name).

In the Rules section in the form , I have added a double click event for the view. Attached is the screen shot for the same.

In the configure section for Navigate to URL , I am configuring as depicted in the screenshot. 

But when I double click the worklist item, nothing happens except that status of worklistitemis changed from "AVAILABLE" to "OPEN" .

I want a new form to open which should allow me to action the worklistitem.

What am I missing here ?

Thanks and Regards,

Satya

15704i35D271CCB308B28C.jpg

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Dear ,

First off , if u want it to open in new window , i do believe u should change the navigate to URL option from parent window to new window or new tab is the option i think.

second , u could try experiement for the url thing ,

add a data label visible in the form  ,

add rules :

on click , transfer item URL to the data label , do all items got URL ?

second , take the URL and open it urself in a new tab , would it open the worklist item or not ?

hope this helps u solve the issue ,

Regards.

Badge +7

Hi,

May i ask you few queries?

Per your snapshot i could see you have configured the "OPEN WORKLIST" rule on the worklist control view/form level which is not correct. You need to confugre Open worklist rule on the form initilizing/initiliazed rule of the action form and so upon you double click on any worklist item, action form will open executing Open Worklistitem rule.

To execute action, you need to have an event first may it could be upon clicking on a button where you configure "ACTION WORKLIST rule which accept Serial Number and action name which will process your action from the K2 server.

Hope it helps!

Cheers,

Prajwal Shambhu

Badge +3

Hi ,

The worklist control at the right gives you an option as open form for each workitem which open the form u mentioned in task url in separate window and its an inbuilt feature. But if you need in on double click then you might pass the serial number and to url which u mentioned in the navigate URL rather than worklist URL. So in action of the form you can pass the serial number and take action

Badge +6

Thanks for the replies guys.

I will check out both options and get back again.

Thanks and Regards,

Satya