Unable to delete workflow variable

• 22 February 2015
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

I am trying to clean up some unused variables in 2007 that have either been created in error or named incorrectly. Some will not allow me to delete them and show the traditional 'in use' warning but with no action specified:

variable-in-use.PNG

One of the workflows in question is particularly short (and simple) and I am 100% sure the variable is not referenced anywhere.

Some of these variables were 'imported' via snippets. Is it possible the existence of the snippets in the background is causing an issue? If so how could I delete the snippet? Our style sheets are a bit funny and I can't see anywhere to delete the snippets via the UI.

(Using Nintex / SP2007 Standard ed)

Ideas appreciated!

4 replies

Badge +3

Just to add - I can see in the help content that I should be able to right click on the snippet icon and see the delete option - unfortunately we have no icons, only text labels with no other menu options. Would be great if there was a link structure someone knew of that I could use to delete the snippet at least to eliminate this as a possible cause.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi,

I haven't seen this behaviour before so I guess its a bug.

I assume you have the latest version of nw2007 installed and the DB-Schema is also up to date right?

Are you the only person that faces the problems with the snippet icons?

Do you have a custom master page applied that might affect the workflow designer's behaviour?

Badge +11

I don't know if this would cause the issue or not, but maybe you have a list item or a library item that is attached to this workflow that is still in process thus still using the variable.

Badge +3

Just to followup - yes our custom master page hides many of the options and affects all users. I abandoned trying to achieve this in SP2007 and am now working through tidying up our Nintex workflows that have been migrated to SP2013 (much, much easier) - thanks for assisting tho!