Is it possible to send encrypted emails from a workflow, if yes how?

• 22 January 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I'm working on a Workflow for the HR department. The emails send from Workflow should be encrypted. Is it possible and how?

thanks!

cheers

pascal

4 replies

Badge +11

Hi Pascal Gelin,

In my opinions, encryption of the emails is handled by exchange or mail server or your outlook client. SharePoint cannot be configured to send e-mail over encrypted port to the e-mail service. And Office 365 and Gmail require an SMTP connection that supports TLS encryption

In your outlook, open a New Message, go to Options tab, under More Options section, expand the Message options, click on Security Settings. Here you will find the option to encrypt the message. I'm not sure if you can control these settings with workflow.

You can play with some rules to run the script on the incoming message to encrypt it if the email is sent from a specified account.

Or You can setup the encyption on the sharepoint server with SMTP relay. That may help.

Configure Outgoing E-Mail Settings for SharePoint 2010 / 2013 to using Office 365 or GMail Relay | Ali Nimer Mustafa

Hope someone can shed more light on it.

Badge +1

Hi Kapil,

thank you for the Explanation. I will ask our Administrator for Exchange and SharePoint.

Cheers

Pascal

Badge +11

Were you able to get past this issue? Please post your resolution here to help others on the community.

Badge +1

Hi 

sorry for the late feedback...

Unfortunately our Company policies don't allow to send encrypted Emails form sharepoint/nintex.

Thanks for your help