Managed Metadata Field CSS

• 4 January 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hi everyone, I'm new to Nintex forms 2013 and am running into an issue with the display formatting of a managed metadata field.  For some reason, all the CSS changes I've tried don't see to impact the manage metadata control.  There is always some sort of margin/padding around the box that I can't change and the button to bring up the termset is always positioned above the input box making the form larger in height for no real reason.

Appreciate your help and look forward to everyones comments.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

What class is the Metadata control using and what changes have you attempted?

Badge +1

Please note that I'm a noob to css and not really sure how to write the syntax to overcome the default. 

by default the metadata control is using "nf-form-input nf-section", however when I removed the class altogether only the margins/padding changed and the control still basically looks the same.  I tried adding in a custom class but that didn't work either (like I said, not sure if I added it correctly or using the right classes).

Userlevel 6
Badge +13
}.nf-form-input .nf-filler-control-inner, .nf-form-label .nf-filler-control-inner
{
top: 5px;
bottom: 5px;
left: 5px;
right: 5px;
}
.nf-form-input .nf-textbox-wrapper
{
left: 0px;
right: 0px;
}/* Label styling for desktop layout */

So above is a sample of some CSS. Where you see ".nf-form-input", means that style applies to that class. That class is the one originally assigned to your metadata control.

I would suggest visiting CSS Tutorial for some CSS basics. 

Badge +1

Thanks for the reply, I tried messing around with those classes but none of them seem to do much.  If you look at the screenshot below, you'll see the "Double tag" icon for the managed metadata always hovers above the input box, I'd like it to display on the end of the inputbox and not the top.  In the design window it does display on the right end and not on top.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

was that the case before you changed the CSS?

Badge +1

Yes this was the case before changing any css.  And if you remove the css class altogether from the control it reacts the same.