How can i get the value from a field type user from Form . to assign it a task

Badge +2

How can i get the value from a field type user from Form . to assign it a task

10 replies

Badge +8

Hi Imen,

Not sure of your exact requirement as your question is not very clear, on the workflow task you could directly take item properties as reference? Not sure if this is what you asked for?

Regards,

Shrini

Badge +2

Hi shrinivas,

thanks for your reply.

I have a form with a field type "user/group" .After adding an item in this form, i want to get the user selected in the field.

Badge +8

Hi Imen,

Where would you want to get this value?

At form level through Javascript? - then you would have to go the control settings -> advanced  ->

"Store Client ID in Javascript variable"  - Yes

Client ID Javascript variable name".  - "<variable Name>"

In Javascript this can be used like NWF$('#' + <variable Name>)

Through workflow in Flexi task -> it takes people variable or Item properties and you could select the people field you want to send the task to.

hth,

Regards,

Shrini

Badge +2

Hi shrinivas,

the configuration of  "Store Client ID in Javascript variable" should be with nintex form ?

because, in my case i work just with nintex workflow not with nintex form. so i use sharepoint's native form to add a new item.

so i add new item in list with native form for sharepoint.

Badge +8

Hi Imen,

Could you please elaborate your actual question? As I understand you need to get the people field value in your workflow? Is my assumption correct if that is what you are looking for?

In Workflow -> Flexi  task -> select Assignee (people and groups) ->Lookup -> Item properties -> (your people field should be listed here)

Is that what you are looking for? If not could you please elaborate where and how you need to use this people field on your workflow? and then I could suggest options for doing so?

201402_pastedImage_1.png

Regards,

Shrini

Badge +2

thanks shrinivas for solving my problem.

One other question please :

is there a way how can i set permission for Fields like it's offered for item.

Badge +8

Hi Imen,

Glad to have helped you with your original question.

With regards to your other question its not possible within Nintex as the lowest you could go down to is the "Item level" for security. If you are thinking of adding some security on a particular field then you could may be hide/unhide using Nintex forms again even with this approach you are only hiding it via forms but the field will still be "open" for the user if he tried to update those fields via different approaches like CSOM/custom code or direct editing by passing Nintex forms

Regards,

Shrini

Badge +8

Hey Imen,

Please could you mark the post as answered as it help other community members who are searching for a similar solution?

Regards,

Shrini

Badge +2

Hello Shirinivas,

please i have tow lists list (A) and another list (B) type libraries which contains tow content type i want to 

copy items  from list A to list B, For this, i used the component  "create item in another site" but when dislocating an error occurs in the workflow 

Regards,

imen

Badge +8

Hi Imen,

You could put this on a different thread so that if I am not around there would be someone to respond to this query.

Apologies for the delay in response - 

If the item is on the same site why don't you use "copy Item" action  - rather than "Create Item in another site". Further I believe you want to copy item one by one rather than a bulk copy?

Regards,

Shrini