ronda
Nintex Newbie

Who creates forms and workflows in your organization?

How do you control who is allowed to create forms and workflows? Do you allow all site owners to do their own or do you have a group that creates them for the entire organization?

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Who creates forms and workflows in your organization?

We let all site owners do them.

0 Kudos
andrewg
Automation Master
Automation Master

I've seen both as a consultant. Site Owners in some places, or a defined group of designers in others. The decision comes down to Governance.

Though it is easy to begin creating workflows in Nintex for anyone, there are a few things to consider when designing. Use of History data, number of workflow running at once, database use, and many others. It can come down to many small decisions too. Such as, how many workflows to you envision will be created? If you think 50, or some imaginary number of significance, you may want to consider the side effects (like lists with 200,000 items because no management is considered for history data, or there was an endless loop).

0 Kudos
burkslm
Nintex Newbie

Its different for different organizations. Ours is based on our governance document. You just don't want any user to have this capability. If they do something wrong, they can crash the servers.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Agree with you .... is it possible to have a look in to the Nintex Gov chapter which you already have? Would be nice. Many thx in advanced.

0 Kudos
burkslm
Nintex Newbie

I can't do it due to security.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Doesn't matter....fully appreciation. It's About to not reinvent the wheel many thanks for answer.

0 Kudos
burkslm
Nintex Newbie

I understand that completely!

0 Kudos
andrewg
Automation Master
Automation Master

Ingo Ehlers‌ I will try to post a governance blog or start a community conversation about it later this month. I think it is an important topic and is sometimes overlooked. But if I can forward to you a link to get a better understanding of some of the architecture, please review Defensive Workflow Design Part 1 - Workflow History Lists  and the related links. Especially part three of the series. It's no all about governance, but it is related.

Not applicable

Great...i am looking Forward to your blog or conversation and thanks for your hint.