Unable to delete attachments in a list item after SharePoint upgrade

• 23 July 2019
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

I have upgraded SharePoint from 2010 to 2016 using ShareGate and there is an issue with removing list item attachments. I have a list item which has about 10 attachments connected to it. I can press "delete" on them while in edit mode, but after saving the form nothing happens and they're still there. I can add and delete new attachments though. Problem seems to occur only for those attachments which were migrated from the lower version. Is there any way to remove them? 

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,
Have you tried to delete them using SharePoint designer or checking to see if they are checked out or similar?
Are you using a Nintex form to edit the attachments, if so this may be a permissions issue.
Have you discussed this issue with ShareGate?
Badge +3

I would try removing it with Sharegate

Badge +2

I don't use Designer. No Nintex form, because it's just a Document Library where the attachments are stored. Is there a way to delete only list attachments? Deleting a list is not an option. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
SharePoint designer is a free tool provided by Microsoft. It is a SharePoint admins best friend and not using it is like trying to row a boat with one arm.
If you cant delete using ShareGate as mentioned above I suggest downloading and installing SharePoint designer and looking at the status of the attachments (checked in/out, permissions etc) and trying to delete.
Badge +2

No luck with SharePoint Designer. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,
As mentioned earlier you may want to try deleting them with ShareGate or seek support from ShareGate.
Badge +2

Is it possible to delete single attachment using ShareGate? I can't delete whole list.