Sharepoint Event Process Wizard with Content Types

• 16 December 2009
  • 2 replies

Badge +5

Hello,

I am trying to use the Sharepoint Events Process Wizard to kick off a workflow based on Content Type and seem to be having difficulty.  I choose Events for Lists and Library Items but then after validating my URL when I type in a Content Type it doesn't seem to work, if however I type in a List Name it does appear to work.  I am a bit confused as to if this is even possible because on the Welcome screen for the Events Process Wizard it says that it supports Content Types, but in the K2 book it seems that content types are only supported through the Sharepoint Workflow Integration.

I'd appreciate if someone could please clarify and if it is possible how does one get the wizard to recognize content types?

2 replies

Badge +4

As far as I know Content Types are only supported through SharePoint Workflow integration workflows.

I don't think there is a way to enable this through other process wizards.

Badge +5

It seems that way but on the Welcome screen it says the following "Use SharePoint Events Integration to start a workflow based on events on a list, library, or content type."  It also says "The SharePoints Events Integration process wizard allows you to associate a workflow with an event on a SharePoint list, library, or content type.