SOAP Error while starting Workflow via webservice

Badge +1

Hi there,

I have created a multi level approval workflow as state machine workflow.  There are three levels , Supervisor / Manager / Director.

For all these levels , I created reusable list workflow , and from the parent WF I am calling this secondary WF , passing parameters , such as approver name etc.

When I manually ran secondary WF , it just runs fine wihtout any issue. When it is called from Supervisor state, runs fine, Only when an employee who's approver is Director (say Mangers , where they only need to be approved by Directors), the workflow creates the approval task, however , parent workflow throws exception in history list as :

Failed to invoke web service. Error returned from server: <soap:Fault xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><faultcode>soap:Server</faultcode><faultstring>Server was unable to process request. ---&gt; The selected workflow 'Appraisal_Appr"

This is strange ,if it is failed to call webservice how come it is creating approval task via secondary workflow?

Here is my Primary (Calling WF)

203234_pastedImage_1.png

and here is my secondary (Approval WF)

203235_pastedImage_2.png

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks 

Azra

2 replies

Badge +10

I think it is better if you can use UDA, you can pass parameter to UDA also. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

1. any good reason you decided to start workflow with webservice call instead of OOTB 'Start Workflow' action?

2. it sounds to me parametesr you pass into secondary workflow are not correct in that specific case.

not sure how big/long are your input parameters - try to write them to history log (if up to 255 chars) or send them to yourself by mail (plain text). investigate them whether they are really correct and fits to what you expect them to be.

as well, try to send web service error to yourself by mail to see whole message.