Deleting workflows - yea or nay?

Badge +2

I was wondering if anyone else deletes workflows.

Say if an expenses request is deleted halfway through a process and its record is wiped from the database.

Would you then delete the workflow in the background, or would you just send the workflow to completion?

If just completing the workflow, do you care that it's kinda orphaned, in that the expenses request in the database no longer exists?

Thanks!

2 replies

Badge +10

HI,

I guess that would depend on if you are using the K2 reporting tools and wheteher or not you want to show the request in those requests. Removing the workflow alltogether would mean lees data int he database but unless you are completing a lot of "cancelled" requests then the performance difference would be unnoticeable.

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

I assume are you referring to deleting an "Instance"/"process instance" of the workflow, if so; please also consider the "Remove Log Entries?".

11264i0B2808ADB77D427E.png

This option determine if you wish to delete Or keep the reporting data for this instance (although the running instance will be deleted).  If you wish to keep the reporting data, it will show (in the Reporting data) that this instance had existed and will have a status of being "Deleted"

If you choose to "remove the log entries", everything related to this process instance/reporting data will be remove, not leaving a trace that it ever existed.