Request Review and Task Reminder controls

Badge +1

Hi,

I am using Run Parallel actions control to send reminder for Request Review action as shown below. I have associated the Action Id of Request review control with Task Reminder as well. The issue which we are facing is even after actioning on the Task, it is still waiting in Task Reminder branch for the period of delay which we have mentioned in that control and then the workflow is getting completed. How to avoid this delay when the tasks are already actioned? Is there a another approach to send reminder for this Request Review action. Kindly suggest

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Parallel action will always wait until each parallel string is completed. I don't think it will work this way. If you are just after the reminder mails I'd suggest you try flexi task.

By default it will create approve/reject branches but you can stop it doing so by going into its settings, hit Advanced Options and turn on Do not create branches

203293_pastedImage_3.png

Now you have a plain action without any branches and you can use the default Reminders in the ribbon to remind assignees if the task has not been completed yet.

If you use a default SharePoint Form you're set. If you use a Nintex Form instead you will need to remove the outcome control as you do not have any approval here and edit the Save-Buttons settings like this to make it behave like the button in the request review action:

203303_pastedImage_5.png

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

you can place reminder action into a loop that will regularly in reasonable periods check whether there is already time to remind elapsed. if so, it will send reminder, if not it will pause for a delay period.

Badge +1

Thanks a lot happy.png