links in a flexi task notification

• 24 October 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I have an approval workflow on a list.  My client wants to create their approval and also, be able to prioritize the item they just approved.  I have a field called "Priority" for them to set but they want to do this in a single step.  Is there a way to add a dropdown to the nintex form that opens when the approver receives the email from the workflow?  Maybe a separate link that shows as a link and not a big long URL?  Thank you.

3 replies

Badge +8

I think you could accomplish this 2 different ways. You could obviously add a dropdown to the approval task form. But something I would look into is adding a link for each priority level. That way you could pass along the priority value in a querystring.

Badge +1

Hi Roger,

That would work ok but my client wants to be able to choose from 1 to 100 for priority.  As usual, trying to give the customer what they want within reason.  I tried creating a new form on the sharepoint list called priority and then putting a link in the workflow notification but that isn't working so well.  In "Quick Apps" I could put a URL in there and do something like this:  https://SharePointSite/pages/Priority.aspx?ID=<%ID%> and it would go right to the record they wanted to set the priority on.

Maybe the approval form is an option?

How can I add a dropdown in that approval form...not sure how to get to that form to modify.  KRD

Badge +8

Kent, to modify the approval form just click "Edit Task Form" from the ribbon. I'd love to find a way to do this from the email though.

210029_pastedImage_1.png