Not applicable

What if the drop down menu (on my form) has 10 options, and one of the options requires additional information, what rule or process would I then use to populate those fields to capture that additional information? Suggestions!

What if the drop down menu (on my form) has 10 options, and one of the options requires additional information, what rule or process would I then use to populate those fields to capture that additional information? Suggestions!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mapeacock
Design Dabbler

Re: What if the drop down menu (on my form) has 10 options, and one of the options requires additional information, what rule or process would I then use to populate those fields to capture that additional information? Suggestions!

Hi,

You could use rules to simply hide the required fields when the dropdown does not equal the one option that requires them. This could be done easily by placing those controls on a panel and applying the rule to the panel. You could also put validation on them to ensure that they are populated with data if that one option is selected.

Cheers,

Mark

0 Kudos