Nintex Forms 2010 - Rule to validate user against a SharePoint list

• 12 December 2015
  • 8 replies

Badge +2

I have a form that captures an employee's name and I need to validate that name against a SharePoint list of users ineligible to submit a request.  I can't seem to find a way to make this rule even though I've tried numerous ways.  Does anyone know how I would do this?

Thanks!

8 replies

Badge +2

No ideas on this?  I'm completely stuck on what I thought would be something fairly easy to do, i.e. validate a user against a list.

Badge +8

Hi Mike,

What do you want to achieve here? I'm not sure how your form would help you there. A user that has no access to the list will never be able to create new forms... Maybe its better to capture that in a workflow?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

what about 'lookup' runtime function, isn't it usable for you?

Marian.

Badge +2

I'm creating a form to allow employees to recognize each other for achievements in the workplace but the form must exclude senior management from being able to be selected for recognition.  So I have a people picker box that needs to validate that the person enter doesn't reside in a list of ineligible senior management.  Hopefully that makes sense.

Badge +2

I've tried using a lookup function but haven't been able to get it work.  I've also tried putting the users into a group and then using the IsMemberOfGroup function and that doesn't seem to work either.  I would have assumed one of those function would have been what I'm looking for to get this working.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

You can create a Sharepoint Group and the check your user against this Group. Take a look at >>> Nintex: Check if a user is a member of a SharePoint group

Badge +2

Unfortunately that only works in a Workflow where I'm trying to do it in a Form.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

how do you ' captures an employee's name' (free hand text, lookup field, people picker ...) in a form and how do you store equivalent employee's name in a validation list? do you compare relevant things?

could you post a short example?