vacoder
Workflow Hero

What are the minimum SharePoint 2013 Site Permissions needed for an individual to test the execution (start, cancel, remove an instance) of a workflow.

Greetz!

I would like to know what are the permissions required in SharePoint 2013 to provide Workflow Manager users with the rights needed to do what that role requires. Currently our workflow managers are added to a group that has Full Control to the site. Consequently some staff are getting into the site settings and making unauthorized changes. Any guidance or references to published materials is appreciated.

Cheers!

Tags (1)
3 Replies
vacoder
Workflow Hero

Re: What are the minimum SharePoint 2013 Site Permissions needed for an individual to test the execution (start, cancel, remove an instance) of a workflow.

I'm new to these boards so maybe my expectations are unrealistic? I'm surprised that no one has answered this question yet! Doesn't Nintex have staff working these questions?

As far as I can tell the Workflow Manager needs Full Control on the SharePoint site.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: What are the minimum SharePoint 2013 Site Permissions needed for an individual to test the execution (start, cancel, remove an instance) of a workflow.

Hi Richard,

The community site has fantastic particiaption by our community members themselves, so you'll see a lot of contributions and suggestions from other Nintex users. But members are answering questions in their own time, and Nintex also monitors the site, so response times do vary.

The graph here gives an explanation of permissions and the roles which may be of help to you: http://nintexdownload.com/helpfiles/nw2013/NintexWorkflow2013UserManual.html#Nintex.Workflow.Securit...

Nintex RoleRequired "SharePoint Permission Level"Note
Approver/ReviewerContribute (at the item level at least)This role includes all users who will be able to perform their assigned human task as part of the workflow from the SharePoint site. Users may be assigned tasks even without these permissions.
Lazy ApproverNoneThis role includes all users who will be able to use LazyApproval to respond to their assigned task. The user however will need at least "Read" permissions if they wish to visit the site.
Workflow DesignerDesignThis role includes all users who are responsible for creating and maintaining workflows. With these permissions the user can use the Nintex Workflow designer as well as the related tools and pages. In order to be able to publish a workflow, the user will need to be configured as a Workflow Designer.
Site AdministratorFull Control (on the site)This role is responsible for activating and configuring the site level Nintex Workflow settings from the "Site Settings" page.
Server AdministratorFull Control (on the central administration site)This role is responsible for the installation and the server level configuration of Nintex Workflow.
Workflow userContributeCan start workflows, add schedules, view history and progress reports.

Cheers

eharris04
Workflow Hero

Richard,

I would say your expectations may be a bit unrealistic but not bad. As a community we try to work through all the posts and questions and provide answers as quickly as possible, but as with most communities, work comes before play. 

One of the great benefits to this community is that Nintex does not require the questions be answered by just their employees.  This gives users such as you and I a chance to test our knowledge,  learn from real world experiences and continue shaping this into a real user community, not just for Nintex employees troubleshooting issues. 

So there will be times where someone will respond quickly and times where it takes a while. I can guarantee that when you get a response, it will be a knowledgeable one and one that can help you resolve your issue or solve a problem.  

Glad to see you here and look forward to Nintexting with you in the future.

Eric