show label as a hyper link

Badge +5

Hi All,

i have to show label as a hyper link, but that hyper link value have to get from another list.

can you pls suggest how to do.

Thanks,

Jagadeeswar Reddy.

Christophe RaucqCaroline JungFernando HunthFrank Field

12 replies

Badge +7

Hi,

This document from Emily Billing should help you happy.png

Adding a hyperlink to your Nintex Form

Badge +5

thanks for your reply, but my requirement was that hyperlink value is not static content it will come from another list.

can you pls suggest how to get hyper link value from another list.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Have you tried to use the lookup function ?

Badge +7

Hi,

Could you give us a simple example of a link you would build?

Badge +5

Hello All!

I actually got this to work yesterday!

I'm sure there is a better way but this is how I did it.

I created a Column on my List - "New Hyperlink" (single line of text). I have a work flow that builds my url (WebUrl/ListNam/FileName) places it in a Variable and then updates the Field "New Hyperlink".   In the list I have a Calculated Column with the following Formula:

=CONCATENATE("<a href=",[New Hyperlink],">",[Custom Document ID],"</a>") and make sure the data type is set to "Number" otherwise it will not work.

Note: I'm linking to a Custom Document ID you can link it to most fields.

Hope it helps

Badge +4

You can add a calculated column that gets the info from the other list and store it as a javascript variable.  Then add a button set the action to javascript and the type to Link.  Set the onclick to a function then add something like this to the custom JavaScript

function goToURL() {

var dynamicURL = NWF$('#' +CalculatedColumn).val();

window.location.href = 'www.staticURL' + dynamicURL;

}

Badge +5

Sounds Cool! But out of my league! :-(

Any suggestions on how I can learn  how to do this?

Badge +4

Your requirements may be a little different from the OP's.  Are you trying to create the url in a workflow or display it on a form?

Badge +11

How about the Query List action? Then set the text of the button to that value of the column.

Badge +5

I think Might are a bit more simple just displaying the link on a Document list. Which I was able to achive by the suggestion I posted above.

But I do have another requirement to have a link to a document within a List Display Form.  I was thinking that your suggestion is probably a good place to start. The problem is that we are not using Nintex Forms I would need to edit the Display form using SharePoint Designer which is not easy to do these days!

Badge +11

Put your new question in another post. Make sure you inform people you are using SharePoint and what version it is.

Badge +4

Ah, then yep your suggestion works pretty well then!  My post was more focused on dynamically changing a URL on a form.  Say you have a list lookup to a document and want a URL to be added to that document.  So as you change the lookup value, the url would change as well.

For you other requirement, you could use workflow to populate a hyperlink column in your list.  Good post here how to set a hyperlink field  Looks like you know how to do that though!

Does your link need to be dynamic on the form?