Error Dependency could not be created when Deploy package

• 25 November 2015
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

Hi, 

please help me, i create package from k2 dev server and then i deploy on k2 prod server i get error :
Dependency could not be created: System.Exception: Dependency could not be created. Parent does not exist in this environment. Check Data property of exception.
at SourceCode.Hosting.Services.DependancyService.VerifyObjects(List`1 parents)
at SourceCode.Hosting.Services.DependancyService.CreateDepenancyBatch(Dictionary`2 depenancyBatch)
Dependency could not be created: System.Exception: Dependency could not be created. Parent does not exist in this environment. Check Data property of exception. at SourceCode.Hosting.Services.DependancyService.VerifyObjects(List`1 parents) at SourceCode.Hosting.Services.DependancyService.CreateDepenancyBatch(Dictionary`2 depenancyBatch)

both of k2 dev and k2 prod have different environtment 

Thanks,
Agus

7 replies

Badge +9

Are you deploying a smartobject? Is the source of the smartobject configured on the environment you are deploying to? 

Badge +2

Hi Ziqing,

Thanks for reply
I deploying smartobjects,views,smartforms and workflow.
how  configure smartobject on the environment ?

Thanks,
Agus

Badge +9

If it is a SQL smartobject, you need to make sure that the custom database, tables, stored proc, etc. are created before you deploy the smartobject. Also, don't forget to configure the service instance in P&D tool to point to the correct SQL server. 

Badge +2

i was configure sql service on prod.
in pic 1 all no warning but in pic 2 have warning dependency, but i don't know how to solve

Badge +7

Hi,

Lik Zing said it earlier, if you have got smartObjects built on custom database tables, at the time of deploying the smartObjcets from one environment to another you need to follow below steps;

1) first make sure you have created exactly the same Database structure ( that includes tables, Stored Procedures, viewes etc) available in the Deplying Environment here its your PROD environment.

2) Now try to deply package on your PROD environment, when deployment wizard reaches the analysis window, goto SQL service instance, right click and select configure, new windows will apear, there you need to change Server name (if incase Database is created in different SQL server other than your Development one).  Once everytihing is fine, then click next, your deployment should be successful.

NOTE: As per your scenario, i can only know you have got smartObecjts connected only to SQL DB. If you have got any smartObjects inside your packge connected to any custom broker or any endopoint assembly, make sure you have got all the DLL's avaiable in the deployiing environment.

Cheers,

Prajwal Shambhu

Badge +1

I had a similar issue. for me it was a missing strored procedure. Easiest way tofind the little gremlin is running through your smart objects in the smart object tester and check that you can open and view the smart object. (on inialise we got an error message, from there it was easy to determine what stored proc was missing)

Badge +2

Just one addition to Prajwals points

1) first make sure you have created exactly the same Database structure ( that includes tables, Stored Procedures, viewes etc) available in the Deplying Environment here its your PROD environment.

********************* after adding the custom tables, stored proceures, etc . Refresh your service object, then proceed to point 2 below ************

2) Now try to deply package on your PROD environment, when deployment wizard reaches the analysis window, goto SQL service instance, right click and select configure, new windows will apear, there you need to change Server name (if incase Database is created in different SQL server other than your Development one).  Once everytihing is fine, then click next, your deployment should be successful.

NOTE: As per your scenario, i can only know you have got smartObecjts connected only to SQL DB. If you have got any smartObjects inside your packge connected to any custom broker or any endopoint assembly, make sure you have got all the DLL's avaiable in the deployiing environment.