Using site templates with same workflows - erroring out

Badge +8

Ok so I am baffled and frustrated with this. I created a main site with several workflows on it ad tested them over and over again and then I saved that site template (with content), I then created 30 some odd sub-sites using this save template. Now as people are using them, they are failing out saying an error occurred and possibly because one or more columns require a different type of info. Is there a trick to this? I have changed NOTHIN on any of the subsites so all of the lists and fields are exactly the same as the main (which is working fine). I even went into Workflow settings and deleted the previous versions. Has anyone else ran into th

Cassy Freeman

19 replies

Badge +16

That is odd so you have gone into list settings workflow settings and removed all instances of the workflow? The workflow itself won't save with the template so you will need to import and publish them after you've removed all instances of the "ghosted" workflow

Badge +8

Hmm, I found that the workflow doesn't save to the template if I do not select save with content. But does if I save with content. I am done worrying about it today. It's 4:40 on a Friday lol

Badge +16

Neither way will the actual workflow save with the template. You should save with content only if you need the content but either way you will need to import your workflows and publish. Just be careful as you will need to delete the instances of the ghosted workflow or you will get some weird errors.

give up worrying til Monday and have a good weekend happy.png

Badge +8

I am completely baffled with this. I deleted all of the ghosted workflows and re-imported the workflow. I checked all of my field columns to make sure they are formatted the same. The main site, that this template was created from (I also exported the workflow from it this morning) works perfectly fine. AND I noticed my set condition on these other subsites is misfiring. It should go to the right when passed, but it's going to the left for these subsites. I am lost.

189267_pastedImage_0.png

189268_pastedImage_1.png

Badge +16

Add a log in history and see what it is equating to?

Badge +8

Tried that but not seeing any results.

Badge +16

That is odd.

In log in history list under "item" tab what's there?

Badge +8

Do you mean in the item properties?

189278_pastedImage_0.png

Badge +16

So when you log in history list nothing is there for that item property?

Badge +8

I don't see anything in the log.

189279_pastedImage_0.png

Badge +16

review results =

put that in front of item property just so can see something logged.

is there something definitely in that field for the item you're running it on?

Badge +8

Ok, the weirdest thing. By doing that, it ran like it was supposed to. Would that really be why it's not running? Do I need to add this to all of my workflows?

189280_pastedImage_0.png

Badge +16

You're comparing that to "Passed" though?

Badge +8

Ohhhh I totally misread that. That was dumb. I was thinking it was just getting me the results of anything I chose for it to review. But yes, I changed it to review results and it did pull pass. Now it is working. I am baffled as to why a log in history would make this work now.

189281_pastedImage_0.png

Badge +16

Yes that is totally bizarre and unexpected. I'm not sure why that has happened either.

Badge +8

I tested it on another site I was having issues with (before and after I set the log in history up) and sure enough. Adding the log in history made the workflow work. I seriously don't know what I would do without you.

Badge +16

Ha that is totally bizarre I would definitely log this with nintex support if I were you as I don't think this is expected behaviour! Perhaps they have guidelines on list templates and importing workflows etc!

Badge +8

Yeah, good idea. I will definitely do that now.

Badge +16

Keep us posted