Unable to delete workflow

• 3 February 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

When I attempt to delete a specific workflow, an error message generates:  There was an error processing the request.  I am a site collection administrator and there are no workflows actively running.  When I look under Library Settings->Workflow settings, this workflow name is not displayed (but others are).  Would this require a deletion from the CA level?  Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

This is an unusual issue.
Where are you deleting the workflow from? Is it from the Nintex Workflow Gallery/Inventory page?
Are there any retention policies in place?

If you cannot see the workflow in SharePoint workflow settings it is possible that the worklfow is appearing in the database but does not exist and the workflow entry may need to be deleted from the database.
Badge +3
Yes, I'm attempting to delete from the Workflow Inventory page. The workflow currently runs without issue(s).
Userlevel 4
Badge +9
Try deleting your workflow from the workflows settings page (/_layouts/15/WrkSetng.aspx?List={AE56647C-8029-4DD8-8D33-5C135C46E5BD}).
You can also try to create a workflow with the same name and override it, so it would be visible in the workflow inventory.
I already had this kind of problems when migrating sites.
Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Are there any retention policies in place?