Not applicable

Want to build a workflow to send a PDF document for signature. When it is signed the workflow will update the signed by field in pdf description on Sharepoint.

I have a document that is being signed by a user (doc checked out - signed - and returned). The user want to see who signed the document in the PDF properties in SharePoint 2013.  I want to build a workflow that  when the pdf is checked back in the work flow is kicked off and the person who signed the document has his/her name placed in the signedby property.  I know the field in the PDF that would hold the signature. The signature is a representation of the Active Directory ID of the signee. I have opened the pdf and shown that field in JavaScript and its contents.  How can a Nintex workflow work to do this?

thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
1 Reply
philipplucas
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Want to build a workflow to send a PDF document for signature. When it is signed the workflow will update the signed by field in pdf description on Sharepoint.

Hi Mark,

afaik reading pdf content is something you can't do with standard Nintex actions. I know some providers offer pdf actions for nintex and there maybe a way to write a custom action to do this, but nothing out of the box available.

Apart from that, the workflow would be rather simple. You start it on Item-Modification and as a first workflow action you check if your  pdf signature field is empty. If it's not, you just write the value back to a column in your list, otherwise you do nothing.

Regards

Philipp

0 Kudos