Error in distributed environment but works fine on standalone server!!

• 18 December 2009
  • 4 replies

Badge +5

Hi,

I’ve an SP-Infopath based approval workflow. Outcomes are configured in such a way that all the approvers has to approve to proceed further (OR) atleast one approver has to decline to quit the workflow process.

1. Destination Rule option is ’Plan per destination - All at once’.
2. Destination slot configuration is ’Cerate a slot for each destination’.

This workflow is working perfect on Standalone server. We recently had upgraded to a distributed environment where we have K2 Server, Sharepoint Server, SQL server.

The same approval workflow has been configured accordingly on distributed servers. The workflow is getting executed properly. But there had been a change of behaviour when executing Destination Rule Options (point 1 &2 above).

The change is, when an approver declines the process, it doesn't quit. Process is still active for the other users to take action on it. This behaviour is wrong.

I double-checked all the settings, configurations and all of them are same as in Standalone server. Then why is this sudden change in behaviour is not understood by me. Am i missing anything to configure???

Please advice if you have a solution to this. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Ezaz

4 replies

Badge +10

Hi Ezaz

Can you confirm that the outcome rule for your declined action in your InfoPath Client event appears similar to:

At Least 1 of ActionResult=Declined

And NOT the default outcome configuration, which would explain what you're experiencing, which looks like

All Slots of ActionResult=Declined

Badge +5

Hi tim,

Affermitive.

The decline action outcome rule is already set to At Least 1 of ActionResult=Declined.

Badge +5

Does anybody has a solution to this issue. Please reply to this post.

THanks in advance.

Badge +10

I would start looking at the K2 Reports for the outcome on that particular activity and ensure that the values that are being recorded from the client actions are what you expect. 

If looking at those reports doesn't offer any clues then you should probably open up a ticket with K2 support so they can help you troubleshoot.

Regards,

Tim