Renaming The SMart Object property Name

• 18 December 2009
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

when i renamed the smartobject property name  when i try to execute that smart object in my .net application it is still showing the  old property  so help in to get the solution

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi

From which of the following disigners are you renaming the smartobject from ?

• K2 Designer
  • Visual Studio
  • K2 Studio

If you are renaming the smartobject from K2 Designer then you can try the following:

• Locate the smartobject in designer > Right click on it > Select rename > Rename the smartobject > Click okay

• Locate smartobject > Open smartobject in edit mode > Click the general tab > Rename smartobject > Click save and Finish

If you are renaming the smartobject from Visual Studio or K2 Studio then you can try the following:

• Open Project containing the smartobject > Double click smartobject to open it in a tab > Rename smartobject > Click save and deploy.

If these previos step did not accomplish renaming the smartobject then try the following:

• Open SQL Server Management Studio > Expand Databases > Expand K2 > Expand Tables > Locate smartobject > Right click on smartobject > Select Rename > Rename smartobject > Press Enter.

• Open SQL Server Management Studio > Expand Databases > Expand K2 > Expand Tables > Locate smartobject > Right click on smartobject > Select Design > Rename smartobject on the right hand side > Click save > Close Tab > Right click on tables > Click refresh.

• If these two suggestions fail you can try to change the smartobjects name using SQL Script.

You can have a look at these links for reference:

Kind Regards