Not applicable

Wait for Item Update - more than one in a sequence

Hello,

Is it possible to have more than Wait for Item Update in a sequence?  Unfortunately, the Wait for Item Update doesn't have an "and" or "or" option.  So, if you want to account for multiple "waits" can you put multiple Wait for Item Update actions in a sequence?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
lpnolan
Apprentice

Re: Wait for Item Update - more than one in a sequence

what happens if you create a parallel block with the Wait for Item Update on each branch?

0 Kudos
emha
Collaborator

have you seen this Vadim's blog Nintex Workflow - Wait for Item Change - Vadim Tabakman ?

it describes how to wait for update of multiple columns

0 Kudos
achilles_aditya
Apprentice

Why dont you trigger the workflow only when your column have a specific values,In that u can use "And" condition.In workflow settings "Start when items are modified" choose condition and use "And" .You can also use previous values of the column.In case of Wait for item update the workflow will be in progress but in the condition it will trigger only when the conditions are meet which will increase performance

0 Kudos
achilles_aditya
Apprentice

I faced one issue during checking the conditions for 2 columns in the parallel actions.

• I have 2 branches in one branch I have condition if "ColumnA" > 10 and in other I have condition "ColumnB"<10.
  • I observed that even if one of the condition fails the workflow dont execute the other branch

Based on the above observation I guess the parallel action conditions would work as we require "And" condition but in case of "Or" condition It wont work

0 Kudos
emha
Collaborator

Hi Patti Naccarati‌,

were you able to resolve your problem?

if so, could you select an answer that helped you and mark it 'correct answer'?

#BRGreview

0 Kudos