Email Event - Send Email to Distribution List in MS Outlook

• 19 April 2012
  • 2 replies

Badge +5

Could someone advise me of a (preferably quick and easy!) way to send an email out to an Outlook distribution list. The recipients (lots of them) have nothing to do with the K2 process, other than receiving an email at the end of the process, so we would like to avoid using K2 roles if possible to minimise support going forward.

Thank you.

2 replies

Badge +6

Outlook contact group is something local to the user machine. It cannot be accessed centrally from a server. Why cant you use Exchange email distrubution list? Then you can just type in the email address of the distribution list in the Email Event Wizard.

If you want to avoid K2 roles, you can use AD groups and SharePoint groups

Badge

However, creating a distribution group in AD is allowed with blank email address.

I tested in K2 that I can choose the group from the "Context Browser", then choose "Groups" --> "K2", then directly add the AD distribution group into the "To:" field in my mail event, which is OK.

But I want to make the AD distribution group name be dynamic, which the name is passed from front end dynamically. I tried to create a data field by setting the group name and pass this data field as the "To:", which will cause the email event error about invalid email address.

What should I do? (This AD distribution group does not have email address)