Deleted Fields in K2 Object Browser

• 10 April 2008
  • 8 replies

Badge +3

I have accidentally deleted some fields in the K2 Object Browser in Visual Studio 2005 such as Category Servers, Mail Servers, etc. How can I restore those fields? I tried reinstalling K2 Designer for Visual Studio but that doesn't help. Do I need to twesk any settings in the registry?

8 replies

Badge +6
If you are really serious about reinstalling then you'll have to reinstall (delete - reinstall on the DB does not recreate them) the DBs since that is where those values are kept. simply reinstalling the designer will not help.
Badge +3
Which DB are you referring to? I only installed the K2 designer for Visual Studio 2005 that's all. The K2 BlackPearl servers, databases are all installed seperately on another machine. I am using my workstation solely for development work.
Badge +4

Hi smurfchang

You can re-add the deleted servers from the K2 Object browser again. There is a small button in the top-right corner. You would then select 'Add New Field' and from there you can add the servers that you've deleted.

hth,

Cheers.

Badge +3

Yup, this would be the last resort. But I was wondering if I can retrieve those fields automatically all at once just like when it first appeared after installing the K2 designer for VS 2005. I got a feeling it must be some registry settings or config file hiding somewhere.

Badge +6

Hi,

Those settings are stored in the K2 blackpearl DBs that are installed on your SQL server. Your VS.net machine connects to that via the K2 server to retrieve the values. There are no registry settings containing this, and that is why re-installing the VS components will make no difference.

HTH,

Badge +3
Because I only installed K2 Designer in my workstation locally. Are you saying that I actually deleted the values in the K2  Database provided to me by my administrator? 
Badge +6

Yup. Like I said, your Studio designer get's it's values from the K2 Server and the K2 server stores the values in the DB. It's a client-server app and everything is connected. :)

Badge +3
Oh no! Does that mean it will also affect other users who connect to the K2 Server?