Create a Condition for Date field populated

• 24 February 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

I have a workflow on a SharePoint Library and I want to set up a Condition that has Actions only if a Date field in the Library is populated. I can't seem to set a Condition on a Date field that says "is not empty" or "is empty" - I can only do this on Text fields. I also tried populating a text Variable with the date, so that I can set the Condition on the Variable as "is not empty" or "is empty" but that doesn't seem to work either. Anyone else have this issue? Is there a workaround?

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello,

The Text variable approach should work, but what you are probably running into is a default date/time is being stashed into the variable when you set the one equal to the other.

Log out to History your Text variable for the default that it is being assigned, so instead of "is empty" you can compare it to that default (which means it wasn't set by the user) and can therefore carry out your conditional logic.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Badge +2

Is there a form associated with this? Or just a workflow?

Badge +3

The date field is a Date column in a SharePoint library. I only want to trigger the workflow when there is a date in this column for each file in the library.

Badge +3

This helped, Mike, along with another posting I found at https://community.nintex.com/message/53789-q.

I created a Date Variable (dtEndDate) and a Date Variable (dtSPEmptyDateValue) where I specified the Default date as 1/1/0001 12 AM 00; added the "Set variable" action where "Set" is "dtEndOfLife" Equals "List Lookup" and chose the Date column from the library (End Date); then I added a "Set a condition" action with the Condition "If any value equals value" Where Value "(dtEndDate)" equals "dtSPEmptyDateValue" and I added the actions I wanted to happen under the "No" nodes and left the "Yes" nodes empty.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Exactly happy.png