Get Values of multiple selected list items

• 8 August 2015
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

I'm pretty new to Nintex and was wondering if there was a way to get the ID's for multiple selected list items using Nintex workflow ?. For example I would only like to select 3 items in a list with a total of 10 items and perform a specific action on only the 3 selected items.

Thanks in advance.

KP

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

In that case I should do the following:

-Create a new column on your Sharepoint list named "StartWorkflow" (Yes/No type) (Default Value:No)

-Create a new Sharepoint view in datasheet mode, including the column "StartWorkflow"

-Create a workflow that starts when "StartWorkflow"=Yes (Set it on the workflow settings, under conditional start)

-Now when you see your list on datasheet mode you can click on the 3 items you want and set the columns "StartWorkflow"=true

At that moment 3 workflow instances should start.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

a different option to do this is to configure a Query List Action to obtain only the items you want from that list and store the IDs in a Collection Variable. After the query you can do a For Each action, based on the Collection Variable and extract the single ID, inside the for each you can put all the actions you need to related to the single item.

Badge +2

Thanks for the suggestions Fernando and Giacomo.

Fernando with your suggestion it looks like I'd have to start the WF on every item.

Giacomo, I was thinking the same thing as you suggested, however is there a way to get "selected" list item using Query List Action ?.  Your suggestion will work but I'm struggling to get only Selected list items.

Thanks for the help/suggestions.,

KP

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Kevin,

no, I don't think it's possible by query list to get selected items..when I've read your first post I've understood "selected" as "some items with a particular value in a field", so you can "select" items by filtering on that field..

You can do a mix of Fernando and mine approach, adding a column to mark items as selected and run a site workflow (so you can have only one workflow running instead of one for item) to query items and do what you need.

Giacomo

Badge +2

Thanks Giacomo.

Will give it try.

KP

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi ‌, have our suggestions been helpful for your situation? If yes, could you mark one of the answers as correct otherwise could you summarize your solution so it could be useful for others?

Thanks

Giacomo