Solved

Form requirements

• 16 January 2019
  • 5 replies

I am developing a user form (version 4.7 ) which has the following requirements:

1. Auto saving the data as the form is being completed;
  2. Time out after 20 minutes if there is no activity on the form;and
  3. save the ID as a 4 digit number i.e. 1 would be saved as 0001, then 0002, 0003 and so on

Could anybody offer any advice on how I could achieve the above on my form

Many thanks

Andrew

icon

Best answer by tbyrne777 21 January 2019, 16:39

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

Perhaps, you can use the Timer control for the item # 2. Regarding the item # 3, you might want to use expression with Pad Left inline function to accomplish this, see link below. https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2five/userguide/5.2/default.htm#Create/Views/ControlExpressions.htm?Highlight=pad left.

Thanks for this, but I am still struggling to get the ID to save as 4 digits i.e 0001 rather than 1 when the record is initally created.

Could you offer any further advice on how to get the ID saved as above when you use the create method

Regards

Andrew

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Where are you saving this ID? To a SQL Database or SmartBox? In any case, even though it is numeric, you may have to define it as text to get the behavior you want.

Thanks,

I have managed to come up with a work around

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Would you mind sharing your work around? I think it would be valuable for others (and myself!) to hear how you handled this. Thanks!