Forms, if not rule

Badge +1

Hello,

we use Nintex Forms 2013.

I need a Rule to hide a DropDown when in a other DropDown not the entry "IT" is.

at the moment I found everything if this dann is that true.

but I need the other way.

if not(DropDown, "IT) <- Hide.

have someone a good Idea for me?

thanks Lars

9 replies

Badge +6

you will have to use two functions for that

• not()
  • equals()

it should look like this not(equals(DropDown, "IT))

Please mark as "Answered" if the post answered your question

Badge +1

ok, I have create that rule, it works, but only with a other dropdown.

that dropdown who I use look in a other list for the items

is that a problem?

Badge +6

can you provide a screenshot of the form and highlight what you want to hide, based on which field?

from what you are saying, the control you are checking in the rule is a list lookup control?

Badge +1

yes thats true, it is a list lookup control.

I want to hide the "IT Intern" part. this is in a section with the rule.

form1.PNG

form2.PNG

it is the Version 2.3.2.0

thanks Lars

Badge +6

ok, in that case you will also have to include the parselookup function that's because when you select a value in the "Kategorie" lookup control, the returned value is not in the format "IT intern" but "[ITEMID];#IT intern". The parseLookup function removes the preceding [ITEMID];# string.

so in your case the formula should be

not(equals(parseLookup(NAMEDCONTROL),'VALUETOCOMPARE'))

Please mark as "Answered" if the post answered your question

Badge +1

perfect, thanks Patrick.

Badge +6

sticking to the example in my answer you will need to use the "OR" function like this:

OR(not(equals(parseLookup(NAMEDCONTROL1),'VALUETOCOMPARE1')),not(equals(parseLookup(NAMEDCONTROL2),'VALUETOCOMPARE'2)))

Badge +6

yes that is not a problem at all. you can combine the above in any way you like. In case both expression need to be met, use the "AND" function. works the same way as the "OR" but only gets triggered if both expressions are met, not just one or the other.

Badge +6

Stephane Prevost‌, seems like it's an issue with the sequence of the rules. This should do the trick:

not(or(equals(NamedControl1,"ValueToCompare1"),equals(NamedControl1,"ValueToCompare2")))

in case the NamedControl is a lookup, make sure you use this formula:

not(or(equals(parseLookup(NamedControl1),"ValueToCompare1"),equals(parseLookup(NamedControl1),"ValueToCompare2")))