Using connectors with a List Form web part

• 26 February 2021
  • 0 replies

Badge +4

Has anyone been able to achieve this dynamically using a query from the current item?

Basically, I'm trying to embed the form of a document set content type, onto the document set welcome page. This is so the users can see the form and the contents of the document set in one place. 

I've been able to achieve this by using the list form web part, however I can't get it to dynamically display the content of the current document set. I've tried using the below set three web parts within the document set welcome page:

1. List form. Connected to:
  2. App web part of the current document library. Connected to:
  3. Query String (URL) filter

The last one successfully gets the ID of the current document set. However, the middle web part is being automatically filtered by the current document set, therefore just showing me the contents of the document set again. This sort of makes sense and appears to be by SharePoint design, but it means the form won't pick up the correct list item document set to show. 

Unfortunately, I've not found a way to cut out the middle web part - you cannot 'connect' a Query String (URL) filter to a List form web part. 

Has anyone got any ideas for this? My end goal is to have the list item form of the document set displayed within the document set welcome page.

Thanks

0 replies

Be the first to reply!