K2 SP4 and Biztalk 2006

Badge +1

Hi, Our project is currently planning on upgrading Biztalk 2006 and with that the .net version which will be used is .NET 2.0. However, the plan is to just upgrade all Biztalk components to 2006 and .NET 2.0 while leaving all K2 stuffs to use .NET 1.1 (K2 server, K2 studio and K2 GUIs). What I would like to ask is if there are any known issue with this kind of set up? Will all the K2 components still work fine after the Biztalk and .NET upgrades? Additionally, our K2 system is interfacing with Biztalk (we use the K2 adapters in sending messages).

Also, there are some components in our project that uses the IIS (Biztalk components) and due to the upgrade, we are expecting that these components would be run using .NET ver 2.0. However, since we are not yet planning to upgrade the K2 Forms .NET version, the IIS for these K2 applications should still be ver1.1. Will this set up, impact our current K2 solution?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks much! :-)

Yvette

3 replies

Badge

Hi

It would be good if you confirm from K2 directly as I have read that K2.NET 2003 does not have support for BizTalk 2006 R2  as it had for BizTalk 2004

Cheers

Sujith

Badge +1

Thanks Sujith. :-)

I'll also open a formal inquiry ticket to K2 regarding this inquiry. If someone out there also has the same issue as mine before, let me know your thoughts!

Thanks

Yvette

Badge

Do let me the know the outcome of the same from K2

Cheers

Sujith