Problem with Fully Trusted InfoPath form and K2 BlackPearl connected to WSS 3.0

• 23 March 2009
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I have a K2 workflow that is begun with an InfoPath Form (using the InfoPath Integration feature). I have published the form without signing it to the appropriate Forms Library (it should be noted that we do not have Forms Services installed currently). And then I signed it and made it fully trusted and published it to the same Forms Library. Now it will not launch the K2 process, whereas without the certificate I was able to start the K2 workflow with the form. How can I utilize a fully trusted InfoPath form to kick off the K2 Workflow.

To review, the system specs are:

K2 Blackpearl, WSS 3.0, No MOSS or Forms Services

As background, the reason I am employing the Certificate is because there is an annoying (and scary for non-technical users) warning message that pops up when the InfoPath form is submitted to K2 (the warning message mainly notes that the form is connecting to a potentially unexpected data source). Based on what I saw wandering around the vast interwebs it seemed like signing and being fully trusted would take care of that warning message. But I didn't get much that was direct on that so I could very easily be wrong. If this is a dead end, it would also be nice to know if I am going the wrong direction.

2 replies

Badge +9
I believe that you will have problems using a signed form, due to the fact that K2 makes changes to the form when deploying. This has the effect of invalidating the certificate...
Badge +1

There are some complexities because of K2 modifying the form for deployment. I currently deploy the process, Right-click on empty space in the design frame->Properties->click on Infopath area->select refresh to re-edit the InfoPath form, then I publish from InfoPath.

This handles that signing issue but now that form does not seem to make it into K2. I had some initial Date/Time conversion issues so I removed the form and readded it to the process and reset the process that sets the SmartObject attributes and once that error went away, now nothing happens (immediately after setting the SmartObject commands an email should be sent, but none is sent, and there are no errors in the process)