{BPSERVER} variable

Badge +2

Sorry if this is an obvious question, but it's been one of those days and I am having no luck with this one.  I seem to recall there was a data field you could reference in blackpearl that returned the name of the bp server without having to reference the string table (sort of like the {SERIALNO}, but called {BPSERVER}, or something like it)

Is there a reference anywhere that shows these process data variables that are not in the string tables?  I cannot seem to find it, and it's kind of a drag having to dig it up (identify) every time.

BTW:  BPSERVER was just a stab, If it's right I have no idea, but I would really like to know, but a reference would be even better.  I know this approach works as I used it on a bunch of processes a few years ago with K2 blackpearl, I just can't find any reference to it anymore.

Thanks!

2 replies

Badge +10

Nothing that easy but its not that hard.  I guess you could refer to the Worfklow server environment variable and use Inline String Fucntions to parse out the workflow server name from the connection string but that's probably a lot of work when you can just create a new enviornment variable called "BP Server" and specify the server name for each environment.  Just populate the value for "BP Server" in Dev, QA and Prod.  Once its done once that should be it.

I hope that helps.

Tim

Badge +2

Maybe that's what we did a few years ago (created the var in the string table, but I swear we didn't ...getting senile :-D)

Anyway, thanks, I will do that.  I just didn't want to do it then find out afterward there was already a built-in that did it for me!