Start Workflow Button and Pass Date in Querystring

• 7 November 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +8

I need to create a start workflow button for a workflow to run report weekly. Next to the button I'd like a dropdown box with a date field lookup containing all the report dates in the list. Once a date is selected the user will click the button and the workflow will set a variable to the report date. Is this possible in Nintex? I also have SPD, but the lack of design view in SPD makes this difficult for me.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

you can configure a datetime workflow variable to 'Show on start form' and it automatically appear on workflow start form as a regular date control.

210474_pastedImage_1.png

210475_pastedImage_2.png

Badge +8

If I could create a field as a lookup to the field I'm trying to access that would be ideal. This suggestion did lead me to modifying the workflow start form. I'm trying to figure out the how to put a drowpdown field on the start form with the date values I want the user to be able to select from.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

you can use regular lookup control and connect it to workflow variable

210548_pastedImage_1.png

210549_pastedImage_2.png

‌ date variable‌ ‌ show on start form‌

Badge +8

I'd really prefer to connect it to a column in the list, but the column I wish to connect to is not available to select.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

do you mean source list field where you want to read dates into lookup control from?

that's exactly what my example above is about. I read dates from 'dt' list field. selected value is stored into 'string' workflow variable so that I can work with user selection later in workflow.

but you have to type it in manually, nintex doesn't provide you with list of available fields.