Lazy Approval Issues

• 1 December 2015
  • 3 replies

Badge +8

Hello Community,

I need some insight.

Client I'm working with currently just got Nintex Forms and Workflows. I'm trying to set up the Lazy Approval for them as it would be a great benefit for them. I have followed the guide for setting up Lazy Approval and everything checks out. When the workflow generates the task it sends out the Lazy Approval like it should but when user replies back it states that the reply email is not a valid email.  Client is using Microsoft Outlook for doing there emails. Any insight into this would be of great help.

Thanks,

Kevin

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Carmien Owen​ has some great info! First and easy to check would be the Central Admin settings for the emails, but get a copy of the delivered email and look at the ReplyTo before sending. Does this match what is configured? If not, exchange could be changing it for several reasons as would be within its abilities.

Badge +8

Hi Carmien,

Thanks for your reply.  Yes Lazy Approval is configured on the farm as the Nintex guide steps go. I believe you hit the nail on the head and i will have to get with the systems team here that its all on the Exchange Server as in not knowing that email and needing it to be set-up in the Exchange server so it is recognized as a valid email on the system.

Badge +8

BTW if your running a hybrid environment with Outlook you need to set up connectors to let your outlook know to send the emails back to your SharePoint Server SMTP or Lazy Approval wont work correctly.