Execute single action with admin right?

Badge +3

Hallo! I need to use "Update Element" in Nintex Workflow.

A friend of mine told me to use "Group of action" in case the logged user does not have admin rights because this function let me to execute a single action as if I am - as admin - execute this action. But how/where do I enter my user or work with this function?

Thanks!!!

Jakob

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Jakob,

your friend is right - somehow.

If you add an action set ("Gruppe von Aktionen") and open its settings, you can check the box Run as workflow owner

203650_pastedImage_1.png

If you close the dialog the actions icon will show a shield to show you, that now all actions inside the action set will run in the context of the workflow owner (which is not necessarily an admin but will have much higher permissions than a default user).

203651_pastedImage_3.png

Will this help you to achieve your goal?

Keep in mind that the option run as workflow owner is only present if the action set is not nested in another action like conditions, state machines and so on.

But some controls - like state machine - offer the same functionality on their own in the same dialog.

Kind regards

Enrico

Badge +11

‌, did ‌'s solution work for you? It looks to me to be correct. Please try it and mark it correct if it works out.

Thanks!