Best way to create a variable for Today's Date in O365?

• 10 November 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +6

What is the best way to create a variable for Today's date and NOT have the time? This seems like it should be so simple but in Nintex O365 this is all I can come up with. This is for a Site level workflow if that makes a difference:

varToday variable for Today's Date

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Mark,

date variables always come with date and time. However when using it you can insert a refernce and only use the date part:

221270_pastedImage_1.png

221271_pastedImage_2.png

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +6

Hello Enrico-  thanks for that. I am not seeing those options when I click the X. Is this because I created the variable as a Date/Time? I can click on it, but As Date/Time (Default) is the only option:

Badge +6

I'm on Office 365, btw. I see there are many differences between this and on-premise. Maybe your Nintex is on-premise?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

It looks a bit different in on premises but the basic principle is the same. You didn't do anything wrong. Creating the variable as date is good. The problem is that not all actions support extracting the date only as shown in my screenshot. Some actions only get the date string as a whole like in your screenshot. Nintex should work on making the behaviour the same anywhere.

As a workaround you could use a build string action and extract the date from your date variable as explained above. This way only the date portion remains and you can use it wherever you want.

221233_pastedImage_2.png

221285_pastedImage_3.png

It's not as simple as it should be but would that work for you?

Best regards

Enrico