Update multiple items action matching People and Choice fields

Badge +7

I'm trying to use the Update multiple items action to match all items for a certain Employee (people field) and change a Status (choice field) from "Approved" to "Removed". The workflow seemingly completes without error, but none of the items in my list are updated.

Here is my filter criteria:

18610iC2BBFBF19FE10396.png

I'm also running (slightly dated) Workflow version 4.3.3.0. I did a scan through the release notes and couldn't find if this was an issue that had been resolved, so hoping others might have some ideas or pointers to help troubleshoot?

5 replies

Badge +7

To be a more specific, the issue definitely seems to be with the filter trying to compare if two People fields are equal. Is this a bug in my (older) WF version that was subsequently fixed, or am I doing something incorrect?

Hello @michaela 

Try selecting a field to update in the Fields option tab.

Badge +7

I did.

In the screenshot you can see that field "Skill Status" is set to value of "Removed"

Badge +8

Hi @michaela 

do you receive the items you expect when you try with a query list action?

Because if you do you could loop through the results of the query list action and update your fields accordingly if the update multiple items seems buggy. 

Badge +7

@Tarf yeah, I can use the Query List action and loop through the returned collection to achieve the same outcome, but the multiple actions with added variables approach is not as elegant as a single "Update multiple items" action.

Ideally, it would be great if someone could confirm whether or not the Update multiple items action is buggy in the latest version of Nintex Workflow. Specifically, does it work when filtering on a People field? If so, then I can "encourage" my IT department to update ours to the latest.