Ultimate available web services reference

• 15 April 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge +8

Greetings:

I am looking for the "top level" reference to ALL web services available to Nintex workflows. For example, I know that if I want to, say, do something with a list item I should specify <siteURL>/_vti_bin/Lists.asmx as the URLin the web service action.  I also have discovered, empirically, that I can manipulate documents in libraries with web services available through <siteURL>/_vti_vin/copy.asmx. For workflow-related operationsI can specify <siteURL>/_vti_bin/ NintexWorkflow/Workflow.asmx as the URl and then see what methods are available.

This is all great and works like a charm, but requires that I know, IN ADVANCE, the exact URL for the web services that I want to invoke.  What I am asking about here is the high-level list of all web services that are AVAILABLE. That is, what else is available besides <siteURL>/_vti_bin/Lists.asmx, <siteURL>/_vti_vin/copy.asmx, and <siteURL>/_vti_bin/ NintexWorkflow/Workflow.asmx and how would I query to discover these?

Thanks!

Bruce

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Well, here's a good start for you:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd878586(v=office.12).aspx 

Badge +8

Thanks, this is just what I was looking for. 

Bruce

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Excellent! Please mark my answer as correct if it helped you out happy.png 

Badge +8

Actually, although the number of web services on the MSDN site is quite large, NintexWorkflow/Workflow.asmx is not listed there, so the MSDN list is not a complete catalog of web services available through the workflow action.  Are there any others missing?

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Bruce, I'm curious if you tried searching on the site for "Web Services" before posting the question?  There are a number of posts already on the community that address this question.  The link Rhia provided lists the Microsoft web services.  As you identified there are also Nintex built web services.  This post lists all of those. Nintex Workflow Web Service Methods.  In additioni there are also REST services you could use ( ) or you could also build your own as this post explains Building a SharePoint Web Service to Use with Nintex.  The sky is the limit when it comes to web services.  

Badge +8

Thank you for this very complete information about web services through Nintex. Yes, I did search the community first.