Nintex use of Microsoft.RTC.Client

• 28 November 2016
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

We are using Nintex 2013 Workflow Standard on SP 2013 Enterprise. We have been getting loads of errors logged in our ULS for a missing dependency on the RTC.Client.Psom. Below is an example:

Load Workflow Assembly: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Rtc.Client.Psom.ApplicationCore, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies.

We do not use Lync or office live so I'm wondering if there is a dependency within the Nintex workflow code that would be looking for this? If there is a better place on this forum to post please tell.

Thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I converted this to a question so more community members will see it. I personally haven't seen this resource being asked before as part of the Nintex feature. But are you trying to use Lync or IM in workflows? that could be related.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

That's the weird thing. We aren't using any of that in our environment. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Do you believe this is causing any issues to the use of Workflows at this point? If you are not using these features in Nintex there will be no dependency. We know the Nintex DLLs do not have this dependency because it would simply attempt to contact the service and not reference it directly. But in SharePoint, there are SMS features also, and SharePoint could be seeing a dependency missing on it's side. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I don't see this causing any errors with workflow, at least I haven't been able to  correlate them to  any we're having. I'll dig into the SharePoint angle.