when blackpearl to support vb.net?

Badge +5

now only has c#,but we use vb.net usually

tkx

10 replies

Badge +7

Good question, actually, you may build your web application and use VB than C#. if you are working on the K2 SmartObject or K2 Workflow Projects, there are no coding(C#/VB) need.

Badge +5

kenlin tkx

It's a good idea.

But when i use a Acitity,i want to custom it,i still must use c# code to call VB's dll

I Just confuse the blackpearl's document

Introduction to K2 [blackpearl] Studio

K2 blackpearl brings the leading .NET enterprise workflow solution building experience into the leading developer tool of choice - Visual Studio 2005.  More than merely an Add-in, K2 blackpearl is fully immersed in the Visual Studio development environment providing developers with seamless access to C#/VB.net code, debugging, integrated enterprise workflow designer surfaces and the Visual Studio project system, including MS build

Badge +7
Acitity? Where you write C# code in K2 projects?
Badge +5

kenlin,

Sorry i ddin't write clear.

In K2 Desinger,In Activity add Event Wizards like Default Server Event(Code) ,

where mouse on the Event right click,Can see the View Code to Custom the Event

Just see the C# not VB.NET.

In the BP's Template  K2 blackpearlBinDesignTemplatesCSharpWindowsWorkflowExtender

Just see the c# Template no VB.NET

Maybe in other place,i don't find it?

TKX

Badge +7
oh...You are right. Let's wait someone who is working in K2 to answer this.
Badge +10

Sorry for the late reply 

VB.NET Code IS Supported as follows:

The K2 blackpearl generated code (specificially our wizards) will continue to be in C#.
VB.NET code can be called from our generated C# code.
VB.NET code can be used to build custom wizards
VB.NET code can be used in Reporting Services code behind
VB.NET code can be used in ASP.NET and/or WinForms and/or SmartClient applications to utilize our

APIs
Web Services
ADO.NET Provider

So, the only thing we do not support currently is having our wizards generate VB.NET code.

Badge +3

In K2 .Net 2003 Studio, we can select the language we want to use (C sharp or VB) to build the workflow process. Subsequenlty, we can view the generated code behind in the lanugae we specified. Are you saying now this is not possible and the generated code will only be in C sharp? Is there anyway to edit the code using VB then?

Badge +2

i've posted some details reguarding VB.Net and K2 blackpearl here:

http://www.k2underground.com/blogs/jmonty/archive/2009/04/02/migrating-to-k2-blackpearl-vb-net-support-in-k2-blackpearl-processes.aspx

Hope you find it helpful.

Badge +3

I'm not a VB user myself, but I'm just speculating about the underlying API used by wizard implementation to generate source code.

that feature could be achieved using .net CodeDom support, that's the way ASP.NET uses to generate VB classes from aspx & all templates, sure this API is not as handy as raw string templating that may be used in current implementation.

Anyway, calling any dotnet language from C# isn't so difficult to VB only developpers :)

Badge +2

I agree - I'm already looking into building home grown Wizards that generate VB. Though, right now I'm waiting to see if our client will adopt a more simple aproach.