OOF notifications

• 10 October 2014
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

From searching the forums it appears that none are sent, but I'll repeat the question here.

1. User A sets user B in the OOF feature

2. A new task is created for User A using a Destination User. In this case the Destination User is grabbed from a SharePoint list.

3. User A receives the notification and worklist item as normal.

4. User B receives nothing, but if they check their K2 Worklist the item is there.

We are using Blackpearl 4.6 (4.12060.1.0) so perhaps this feature has been added since our version, or needs to be activated.

3 replies

Badge +10

This is the normal, expected behavior of out of office.

When user A sets user B as a delegate in out of office, User A still retains ownership of the task, but user B is delegated permission to action the item.  Ownership of the task never changes from user A, and therefore, the destination rule is not effected, and no notification is sent.   In other words, the item is delegated instead of redirected, and the task's destination user does not change.

I would reccomend combining K2 OoO and Outlook/exchange OoO to forward notifications from user A to user B.

Badge +4

This is what I suspected, but before I custom build a notification system I wanted to be sure. Thanks for the speedy reply.

Badge +13

The SN for User A can be opened by User B in the delegated scenario?