Changing destination users that have line rules

• 23 September 2006
  • 2 replies

Badge +8
You can add multiple destinations to one activity and use rules to specify which destination should be used at runtime. To do this, add multiple destinations to an activity, right-click the destination's name and select 'Modify Rules'. You can then add a rule which evalutes to true or false which will determine whether this destination should be used or not. Note the 'All True' or 'First True' options in the activity destination template.

Alternatively, you can also use a process datafield's value in a destination - for example, you can populate a datafield with a domainusername or one of your destination queue names and then use this datafield in the destination rule for the activity.

Does this make sense, or did I misunderstand your requirement?

2 replies

Badge +2
I have a few applications where the destination user for an activity will be based on line rules. Is there any way to change the destination user without having to delete, add and recreate the line rules for that user?

I have looked at the alternative of having an activity for each user, but this will require up to 14 activities, where only one is required.

Thank you,

JR
Badge +2
Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, this makes sense and is actually what I am doing. My question is, after you get all the line rules set, is there a way to change one of the destination users without having to rebuild the line rules for that user?

Thanks,

JR