Formatting rules no longer fire in my Mobile forms

Badge +1

(Nintex Workflow and Forms 2013)   I have a task form (for a FlexiTask) where I need to disable and/or hide controls based on a flag in the workflow data. My layouts are Desktop, Nintex Mobile Tablet and Nintex Mobile Smartphone. I created Formatting Rules to hide or disable my controls. These Rules worked fine in all layouts up until a few days ago; now, they work ONLY in the Desktop. Does anyone know of an issue that would make my rules stop firing in the Mobile App layouts?

thx!

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I suggest you to show the result of your condition on a label so as to see what values you are expecting.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Have you solved it?

Badge +1

Fernando,

It has become very interesting. At first I was using Operators in my Rule formulas -- for example:

{ItemProperty:Abc} == 'Groundwork'

This worked at first, and then stopped, which was when I posted the first item in this thread. Nintex Support very helpfully told me that some mobile platforms have trouble with operators, and thus I should use the inline functions equals(), not(), greaterThan(), etc. So I changed my formulae to, for example:

equals({ItemProperty:Abc}, 'Groundwork')

This still did not work on the Mobile app for iPad -- until I changed the single quotes to double quotes.

This then worked at first, and stopped working again. More specifically, the FIRST time I open a task form in the Mobile app, all of the formatting and validation rules work. But then if I close the form without submitting -- all the rules fail from that point on. The rules only work the first time you open the form (iPad and Android phone).

We have a call with the head of global support and our customer today and should have a solution soon.