Change the emitter of an email

• 10 July 2019
  • 5 replies

Hi community,

I would like to use an alternative email address to send a notification to my users. How should I proceed? Is there any specific configuration of the new address I have to set up?

Regards,

Alexis

5 replies

Hi RC-Alexis,

Run setup.exe found here (C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlSetup) and SELECT the "Configure" option. Click Next until "Exchange Server Configuration" and change the FROM ADDRESS textbox to the desired email address that want to be the sender.

For Reference, follow the link below:

https://community.k2.com/t5/K2-Cloud/Changing-Email-From-name-in-a-Workflow/m-p/110518#M236

Should you find this helpful in resolving your issue please could you mark it as such by "Mark As Solution" or "Kudo" as it will be helpful to other members of the community who encounter similar issues.

Regards,
Katleho

Hi Katlehon,

Thanks for you response. I'm sorry if I misspoke but what I want to do is to keep a main mail address for most of my workflows and for a specific one, use a different address. In other words, I want to keep the same default address and use a particular one for a workflow. Is it possible ?

Regards

Alexis

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi RC-Alexis,

I believe you can create an additional EWS/SMTP connection string manually in the ConnectionStringEditor.exe (%ProgramFiles%K2Host ServerBin) for the email address you wish to use. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

I was able to do this with SMTP which works with v4.7 - v5.2.

K2 v5.3 broke this functionality and currently K2 support are investigating

Good day RX-Alexis.

This can be easily done with a Miscellaneous environment field keeping the Main email address and a field (Variable in the workflow). See the Spoiler below to set up the miscellaneous environment field.

1. Open Management.
2. Expand the Environment Library Category.
3. Select Development or Production (Whichever is set to default).
4. Click on the New button
5. Give the Field a Name and description.
6. Expand the Field Type Dropdown and select "Miscellaneous field".
7. In the Field Value property. Set the default Email address and click the "OK" button.

If you would like to select the email that the workflow will use on form level follow the steps in the spoiler below:

1. On the form add a button with the text "send to the default address".
2. Configure a variable in the workflow.
3. On the button click event configure the workflow to start.
4. Click on the configure button of the start rule of the workflow.
5. Expand Environment Fields > Miscellaneous Field and locate the field that was set up in a designer.
6. Drag this field over to the variable property in the rule.
7. On workflow level, in the email event, click on the dropdown arrow of the "TO" property and select "Type/Construct my own".
8. Expand the Context Browser and drag the variable over to the "TO" property. 

Miscellaneous fields can also be used on the workflow level. On the workflow level, you can expand the context browser window. Expand the environment field dropdown, and locate the field that was created in management. This can allow you to add the default email address directly in the "TO" property of the email event.

Hope this helps. If this post does solve your issue, would you please mark as a Solution of Kudo? This will show other users with the same problem that this post indeed contains viable information. Thank You.

Kind Regards

Jacques.