No access to this page, when trying a approve a task

Badge +3

I have created a workflow and the group of approvers has "Contribute" permissions on the whole site.

Despite this, the approver can not approve the task.

After clicking on "Approve" on the task form, the error message is : "Sorry, you don't have access to this page", and the task is not approved.

Thank you for your help.

13 replies

Badge +16

what permissions are on the workflow tasks list?

Badge +3

The approver group has "Contribute" permissions on the workflow task list, as well as on the whole site.

Badge +16

is the whole approver group affected?  and the user affected definitely is a member of the approver group?  is the approver group a SharePoint group?

Badge +3

Yes the whole group is affected. It is a SP group. The only way I have found to bypass this pb is to give a higher permission to this group, such as "Conception" (in french, I don't know if it is the same word in English"). But I don't really want to give such rights to approvers, of course. I had to give this rights on the main list, not on the task list.

Badge +16

what permissions do they have to the list that the workflow is on?

Badge +3

"Contribute" on everything, including the main list, that the workflow is on.

Badge +16

that is totally bizarre.  does it change if you select "assign individual tasks" in the flexi task?

Badge +3

I have a new information that may help you to understand : if the approver is the creator of the request, ha can approve. I he is not, he can't.

Badge +16

it sounds like you have item level permissions there.

please choose the item and shared with and advanced and show me what that looks like

Badge +3

We have found a solution : modify the Advanced parameters of the main list : the default is to be allowed to "create and modify the elements that a user has created". If I modify this parameter to : "create and modify all elements", it works.

Badge +16

excellent - that setting is not a default setting so that must have been changed somewhere.

Badge +3

Thank you for your help

Badge +16

no worries happy.png glad you got a resolution.